Interested in learning more about medical assistant programs in Wyoming? This state offers a variety of different certificates, diplomas and degree programs.
Medical assisting involves skills like:
- Taking care of patients’ medical records
- Billing and coding
- Checking vital signs
- Knowledge of medicine
Before we get into education information for medical assistants in Wyoming, we thought you’d be interested to learn some general education information about the state.
Study At A Medical Assistant School in Wyoming, Pursue A Perfect Career For You
Colleges in Wyoming
According to the 2018 National Center for Education Statistics:
- There is 1 four-year institution in Wyoming, compared to the national average of 56.
- There are 8 two-year institutions, compared to the national average of 33.
- The national average for total male fall enrollment is 171,951 and Wyoming has 17,480.
- The total female fall enrollment in Wyoming is 19,613 while the national average is 228,592.
Do I Need a Medical Assistant Certification in Wyoming?
Since many employers have a preference for hiring job candidates who are certified, you may want to pursue your education at a technical, two-year, or four-year school. The medical assisting program for you may be in Wyoming! With a certificate or diploma, you might jumpstart your future career. The National Commission for Certifying Agencies accredits five certifications for medical assistants.
How Much Do Medical Assistants in Wyoming Make
How Many Medical Assistants are in Wyoming?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2019 there were 860 medical assistants in Wyoming.
These pros represent .31% of the states job. The median wage for medical assistants in Wyoming is $33,770. With an hourly median pay of $16.23.
What are the medical assisting job and earning statistics from Wyoming?
- There are currently 860 medical assistants employed in Wyoming.
- There are 790 projected jobs by 2022, which is a 21% increase and approximately 30 annual job openings.
- The annual mean 10th percentile wage for medical assistants in Wyoming is $25,450.
- The hourly mean 10th percentile wage is $10.23.
Where do medical assistants in Wyoming work?
Medical assistants usually work in physician’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. They perform administrative and clinical tasks that involve working with patients, doctors, and other healthcare professionals.
A Few Hospitals in Wyoming:
- Aspen Mountain Medical Center
- Campbell County Health-Gillette
- Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- Cheyenne Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Cody Regional Health West Park Hospital
What are the top metro areas in Wyoming to work in?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the metro area that pays the most is Cheyenne.
The 2019 median salary for medical assistants in these other metro areas is as follows:
|Metro Area||Jobs||Median Hourly Wage||Median Annual Wage|
What medical assisting professional organizations are there in Wyoming?
By joining a professional medical assisting organization as a recent graduate, you might enhance your career. Look into the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Their website (http://www.aama-ntl.org/index) has information about membership, contact information, volunteering, continuing education, and more.
Are you contemplating an education and future career in medical assisting? If yes, then take a look at the Wyoming schools we work with below. These schools offer medical assisting programs and one may be a great match for you.